Sunday, May 6, 2007

Tokyo Pictures!

I'm back from Tokyo! My friends and I had a great time :)
Here's a quick run-down of our Golden Week activities:

Day 1 - Thursday, May 3rd

We went to the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, on the outskirts of Tokyo. It was amazing!

Look! It's a totoro in the ticket booth!

This is the entrance to the museum. The architecture of the building is great - it really feels like it could be from a Ghibli film. And there was so much beautiful, beautiful greenery!

We also went to a restaurant called Ninja Akasaka for dinner. We were guided to our table and served by ninjas. It was cool. And tasty. (And expensive.)

Day 2 - Friday, May 4th

Comic City Tokyo! It was fun and big and crowded. No pictures allowed inside, but here's a picture of Tokyo Big Step, the building where the event was held.

That night, we had dinner in Shibuya, which I think is comparable in size, traffic, and atmosphere to Times Square in New York. I took a picture of the station building, complete with blurry crowd (...and ads for a movie I'm looking forward to seeing. Yay pirates!)

Day 3 - Saturday, May 5th

We went to Akihabara, the part of Tokyo famous for electronics/anime/video games/etc. See? Big billboards!

Then my friends headed back on the Shinkansen. I went to Harajuku to shop and watch all the fashionable young Japanese people until it was time to catch the night bus back to Osaka. And surprisingly, to not take pictures...somehow I ended up without a single shot of Harajuku. At least, not from this trip :p

And now I'm home! Yay Osaka! Though it was rather ironic...we had *beautiful* weather for the entire trip in Tokyo. When I got off the bus in Osaka, it was pouring, and it's been raining all day. I'm glad today was my rest-and-recover day. And tomorrow it's back to school! (eep!)

No comments: